ASU West Campus


When I was at Phoenix College, considering it is a small campus, I got around just fine. My sister and I went to school together, and she helped me along the way (finding classes, studying, etc.). However, transferring to ASU West was a different experience. This campus is much bigger, my sister isn’t here, and I knew a few people. With that said, if it weren’t for the help of a friend, I would get lost almost every day. I owe so much of my blessings to the help of my friends. For instance, I have never lived on a university, and this is my first semester doing so. With the help of Dr. Pamela Marshall, I was able to get a dorm. When I first saw it, I liked it at first (I was so excited), but after 2 weeks, I began to change my mind. I had very little room, 2 beds (I have no idea why) and no desk. This is where a friend of mine, which I met at ASU West, comes into play. We were talking about the dorm life, and I shared those concerns with him. He was surprised as to why I had two beds and told me he could find a better room for me. I accepted his help, and I couldn’t wait to see what he could find. About a week later, I got a call from him, and he told me he found a room. Today, I have officially settled into my new place and I couldn’t be happier. I actually feel like this is my room instead of a tiny cubicle (I was crammed in the old room). I no longer have to study late at night in the library or on the floor because I now have a desk. All of this, to be honest, would not have been possible if it weren’t for the help of others. The people I met and the experiences I made are ones I will cherish. This particular experience is the most positive one I have had at ASU West because it showed me the importance and significance of friends. All in all, I hope to maintain the friends I have and continue to make memories at this campus. 
asu.edu/housing
asu.edu/housing

Comments

  1. Congrats on settling into ASU West Ibrahim! I think I took a Physics class with you and your sister at Phoenix College. I can definitely imagine moving to a new campus and a new home to be incredibly daunting, and a little scary. How do you like dorm life besides the living situation. I imagine its nice not having a commute to school anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to hear that you're settling in and CONGRATULATIONS on doing so well at the conference that you and Kassandra went to. You always did awesome when you were explaining the research to me, and now they've given me Pseudomonas fluorescens since you've moved on to other things. I'm feeling a little like I've got some big shoes to fill. It's a super interesting bacteria, and I'm excited to continue the research. Do you know what research you'll be working on in the future?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, John. Moving in the dorms is for sure a challenge in the beginning, mainly because everyone around me is juniors and have experience living in dorms for at least two years. Nevertheless, everyone here at ASU West is very welcoming. The first day I came to ASU West a random guy gave me a tour of the campus because it was apparent I was lost. For the commuting part, because I'm taking classes at both the universities (Tempe and West) commuting is always there. But, since they have a new shuttle program that brings you straight from Tempe to West campus and vice versa, it makes life easier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Amanda. Thank you for the kind words. Kassy, Maria, and I have worked hard on our project with the guidance of the phenomenal Dr. Cotter, and it felt good to get the project recognized. I'm glad you're having fun working with Pseudomonas fluorescens. It can be a pain to work with sometimes because it grows slow, but I'm pretty sure you along with the research team can handle it. Currently, I'm working on reducing toxic Chromium (Cr VI) from the environments soil using anaerobic culture.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts