Ibrahim's blog

I made it

            Friday, September 1, 2017, will be my full week in S-STEM. Yes, my long-anticipated wait for S-STEM program to accept me is finally over. I’ll admit, I was a little nervous of the great scholars and mentors I’ll be joining, but they have made me feel welcome from the beginning. My first week kicked off great. I finished my safety rules containing the ‘Safety lab videos’ and ‘ethics modules.’ I grasped quite a lot of information about corrosive organic and inorganic compounds found in laboratories. Josh showed me how the organic and inorganic compounds are kept separately in the biology lab, just as mentioned in the ethics modules. I also got started with my “Unknown” bacteria, and start my streak plate in the coming days. Overall, the first week was awesome. I still have some areas I need to get used to, but with such an amazing scholars I’ll definitely manage.

Comments


  1. Congratulations on your first week in STEM! It must have been entertaining watching all those videos and reading all those modules along with working on the quiz. Frankly, I was a little jealous when you finished all the work before I did and you ended up starting your streaking before me. But no worries, which motivated me to work faster. Next week is going to be a lot more fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ibrahim, watching the safety videos and doing the modules is probably the least exciting thing you’ll do during your internship so fortunately, you were able to finish them in a week! With that in mind, once you start working with your unknown bacteria, you’ll most likely enjoy it because it’s hands-on and quite interesting. Don’t forget to keep us updated on how your unknown work is looking! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts