If you could go back in time, what advice would you give your "freshman self" or your "first-day-at-ASU self"?

Transferring to ASU was very exciting to me. All my professors from Phoenix College told me I would love ASU West. So, I thought it would be precisely like PC but bigger. Was it a mistake to believe that? YES! Transferring to a university is a whole new ball game. Classes were bigger; students already had their own friends from freshman and sophomore year, and most importantly, very less communication from professors unless you make a great effort. If I could go back now, I would tell myself to relax and be patient. I was so hard on myself for not coping with the university "System." My distinct problem was that I used the same exact strategies I used when I was in a community college. Once I have settled in, a lot of things started to get better.

Comments

  1. I am so glad that you perception of  ASU West got better. But that happened to me so many times; where I think something will be one way but it turns out to be something else I did not expect. I think that is a great message to tell yourselves and others. Slow and steady wins the race.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts