Promoting my presentation



The presentation for Friday will be about my journey from the community college to a four-year institution, our current research (if any), and couple advice for the SMCC scholars. I'll start off with my educational and work experience, followed by my personal experience as an immigrant and first-generation student. My work revolves around environmental engineering and has given me the opportunity to learn things that I may not have learned as a Biology major. It has opened the spectrum of paths that I am willing to follow as I go through my college career and proceed to grad school. My guidance included having direct contact with professors, whether that's going to office hours or staying after class to express passion or concerns regarding the material and course. I also conveyed the importance of reaching out to TRAIN scholars that are currently in the university to have instant advice that can only be given by former students.

Comments

Popular Posts