Professional Goal.
Once I get my undergraduate degree, my goal is to get the highest GRE score and go to a graduate school of my picking. This goal is important to me because I can’t see myself in another career choice. Also, because my future is going to research in different diseases and how to cure them, I want all my findings accessible to WHO (World Health Organization), so they can distribute treatments from my team for third world countries and me. Currently, I have a few colleagues that are interested in my ideas, but I’m not sure who my research team will be. As far as graduate school, I want to work under professors that are working on my research interests.
When it comes to the “Measure” of my goal, I’ll need to finish my bachelor’s degree, which is about one more year. As mentioned above, after completing my GRE I’ll be able to get admitted to a graduate school and conduct my own research for approximately 4-6 years. Once I get my Ph. D I’m SET!
In most cases, researches in graduate school are funded so money might not be a problem. Aside from money, I think my goal is achievable with the right amount of persistence. Graduate school is a significant investment in your 20’s, maybe 30’s sometimes, that’s a fact. But, finding the balance for my future family and friends should be something I can handle.


Comments

Popular Posts